Getting online Medigap quotes is increasingly easy to do. Many people choose this method for comparing and selecting plans, and it is, in most cases, the most advantageous way to “shop around” in an unbiased and low-hassle way. Many insurance companies in the Medicare Supplement marketplace do not allow their rates to be publicly-published online, so the way to see quotes for all of the options in your area is to receive them by email. There are companies out there that promise to offer the rates online; however, keep in mind that you will not be seeing all of the options as many companies have strict regulations against publication of their rates on public-facing computer systems.
So, what are the steps to getting a Medigap quote online? It’s pretty easy to do really. Here are the steps to follow:
- The first step is to understand what you are looking for and what the plans cover. There are 10 standardized Medigap plans. All companies are required to offer from this standardized list of plans, although they don’t have to offer all 10. So, comparing plans is relatively easy – an ‘F’ plan with one company is the same as an ‘F’ plan with another. Two important things to note that are common misconceptions and relate to understanding the plans:
- There is NOT an annual enrollment period for Medigap. You can enroll in, change or disenroll from your Medicare Advantage plan at any time.
- Medicare Advantage plans are NOT Medicare Supplements. These plans cannot be compared to Medigap plans because they are completely different in how they work, what they cover, etc. (Difference Between Medigap and Medicare Advantage).
- After you have a basic understanding of the plans, how they work, etc. you should request the information from an independent brokerage. Whether it is us or someone else, we would strongly recommend using an independent broker. The advantage to doing this versus using a “captive” agent is that you can compare in an unbiased way and make a full comparison of all of the options. To request information, go to a brokerage website and enter accurate information. If the site is asking for information that you do not want to give, simply don’t give it. Keep looking. The only information needed to run and send a quote is date of birth, zip code, gender, and email. Request a quote comparison from us.
- Once you have the information, you can compare the plans that are available and make a wise choice from the plans that are offered. Always base your decision primarily on rates and secondarily on other factors such as the rating of the company.
If you have any questions about this information or if we can assist in any way, please contact us by email or call us at 877.506.3378. Alternatively, you can request information on our website at Medigap-Quote.com.