Medigap quotes delivered By Email online. Fill in this quote request to start the process of comparing the plans available for your age and zip code (phone number and address NOT required). Not ready for this yet? Visit the Medicare Education Center first.
*Medigap-Quote.com respects your privacy. View our terms and conditions. Medigap Quotes request is delivered securely to one Medigap agent, who will provide the information requested by email.
Medicare Supplements – Top 10 Fast Facts
- Medicare Supplements are Federally-standardized. Regardless of the Medigap company, the coverage for “like” plans will be the same.
- The plans are designed to work with Medicare, and all plans, regardless of company, can be used at any doctor/hospital that takes Medicare nationwide.
- Plan F is the most comprehensive plan – it fills in all the “gaps” in Medicare so that you don’t have any out of pocket costs.
- Other common plans include Plan G and Plan N, which are lower-tier plans, but in some cases, may represent a better value.
- Rates for Medigap plans can vary greatly from one company to another, so comparing plans in an unbiased way is the most advantageous way of selecting a plan.
- Plans all pay claims in the same way – through the Medicare “crossover” system – so there is no variation from one company to another.
- Premiums are based on several factors, including but not limited to, you age, your zip code, your gender, and tobacco usage.
- If you are turning 65 or enrolling in Medicare Part B for the first time, you have an “open enrollment” period that guarantees you a Medigap plan without having to qualify medically.
- Medicare Advantage plans are NOT Medicare Supplements. They do not work the same way, are not Federally-standardized, and have networks, co-pays and deductibles.
- Regardless of who it is, it is to your advantage to use an independent brokerage to compare and select a plan, as you can compare plans in a centralized, unbiased place.
If you have any questions or would like to speak with someone at Medigap-Quote.com directly, please request information above or call us at 877.506.3378.
Getting Medigap quotes is extremely easy to do. There are literally hundreds of resources out there offering quotes and comparative information. However, it is important to understand where you are going to get the quotes. There are many online resources that simply collect your information, only to sell it to 8-10 agents who will call, write, email, etc. These “quote farm” websites are set up for the specific purpose of gathering personal information.
When you request Medigap quotes, make sure you do so from an independent agency. Whether it is us or someone else, an independent agency, or brokerage, can give you an unbiased perspective on the plans available for your age and zip code.
Also, it is important to get rates for the Medigap plans because the coverage is the same. Whether you are looking at Plan F or Plan G or another plan, the coverage for “like” plans is the same from company to company. For this reason, the rates are the primary comparative factor when it comes to Medigap plans.
If you have questions about this information or would like to discuss further, please fill out the form above for Medigap quotes or call us at 877.506.3378.
Who Should Get Medigap Quotes?
Medigap quotes are crucial for several categories of Medicare beneficiaries. First and foremost, it is important to compare plans if you are turning 65 or just signing up for Medicare for the first time. At this point, you can choose any Medigap plan you want and enroll without medical underwriting or any type of medical restrictions.
Medigap quotes are also important for people who have been on a Medigap plan for more than 12 months. Most plans go up annually, so if your plan has had an increase, it is likely that you are overpaying for your plan. Since the plans all provide the same coverage, if your rate has gone up, there’s likely a lower price/same coverage plan and it would be worthwhile to get Medigap quotes and find out what options you have.
We recommend, once you are on Medicare, taking a look at Medigap rates at least every other year so that you can ensure you are not overpaying for your plan relative to the Medigap market.
How to Get Medigap Quotes?
Getting Medigap quotes does not have to be difficult. However, many people initially find it very challenging because most insurance companies do not allow their rates to be published online. Additionally, what is published online is not always accurate and is often outdated.
To get a Medigap quote in the easiest, most straight-forward way, it is ideal to use an independent broker who can allow you to compare multiple plan options in an unbiased, centralized place. This way, you can make an informed choice.
Independent brokers, like we do at Medigap-Quote.com, should provide that information free and with no obligation on the part of the Medicare beneficiary. If you have questions about this information, please contact us online or at 877.506.3378.